I just received the following from VANTUG President Graham Jones who received it from the Microsoft, Canada MSDN Team. Have a go at it.
The MSDN and OSG teams worked together to build a competition in Q4 to drive Windows Vista gadget development integrating the Windows Live API. This initiative is designed to raise awareness & drive early adoption of the Windows Live API among developers. The Windows Live platform allows developers deeper control and offers access to the core Windows Live services and data through open and easily accessible APIs.
This competition is open to all residents of Canada and submissions will be accepted on an individual submission basis (using one Live ID). All new gadgets must be submitted to the Windows Live Gallery in order to be reviewed by the panel of judges.The gadgets will be judged on the following criteria:
Â· Look & Feel
Process to Enter Competition
Developers will need to…
1. Post their Gadget on the Windows Live Gallery (approval process can take a few days)
2. Return to the Gadget Vs. Gadget site and select â€˜Enter Contestâ€™ tab and use their Live ID to login
3. Complete the entry form to submit their Windows Vista gadget for review
Winners will be announced August 1, 2007
We are offering three fantastic incentives for the top three gadgets:
1. Samsung 40â€ Widescreen LCD HD TV
2. Xbox 360 Pro
3. Dell UltraSharp 24â€ Flat Panel LCD Monitor
The Gadget Vs. Gadget competition will be accepting submissions from May 14, 2007 â€“ July 16, 2007 5:00 PM EST.
We will be promoting the competition through the MSDN portal, newsletter, blog and community events such as Energize IT.